Monday, June 7, 2010

I Want You To-

Here's a quick post. I've been trying to force my thoughts on the recent price increase into something more like a post (and less like a fortune cookie) but every time I tried it just wound up being a rambling, incoherent stream-of-consciousness wordamajig.

Obviously, that's not the way to go about it. Bear in mind, I'm only recently returned to the hobby after a near-decade long absence so I don't see this as one price hike on top of another; to me, it's just bad timing on my part that I'm getting back into a hobby right before the supplier feels the need to raise prices. C'est la vie, no biggie. It's a hobby, I can opt to spend the money or not.

But there's one thing that does really bother me about GW raising prices, and here's a simple exercise that many (perhaps most) of you can do yourselves.

I want you to grab a Tactical Marine sprue, the one with the helmeted heads. Now look at the horrible mould misalignments and tell me that GW has any business raising prices on kits that haven't been redesigned (or even had new moulds made) in who knows how long.

You want to introduce new kits at higher prices? Fine, that's to be expected. Shoot, if you want to retool the olds stuff and raise the prices, I'm cool with that, too. I'm not upset with your prices, GW... I'm upset with your manufacturing quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment