Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dark Vengeance Deathwing

Done... finally. For some reason the sergeant took forever to finish.

I'm still not happy with the armor. Not only is it a total pain, apparently Vallejo Model Color Ivory is not very resilient- even minor handling seems to rub, scratch, gouge, dent, ding, and otherwise mess up the finish. A glosscoat/mattecoat would probably help that, but I'll be looking for another white moving forward.

I also tried to do a blue fade on the sergeants power sword- I started with a PFA Ultramarine basecoat, and then glazed on about a gajillion layers of super-thin GW Hawk Turquise. It worked well, but it looks like I spread it out too far- I should have restricted the fade to the last 3/4 of the blade to make it a more dramatic shift to turquoise.

As far as Dark Angels go, now I've got another DV tac squad to paint, as well as the 3 Ravenwing bikes and the headquarters models from that set (a Captain and Librarian. I recently got a new/old metal Dark Angels captain off of eBay, also, so I'm trying to decide which one to use). And I can't forget the Rhino with the Forgeworld doors (that I suspect are counterfeit- but that's neither here nor there).

It's getting there. Slowly, but it's getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment