Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing?

I'm having second thoughts about painting this dreadnought purple, it just seems a bit much now that I actually have a coat down.


See what I mean?

Quite by accident, I'm seeing the Marines Cruor Dexter as a Hawk Lords successor chapter, which means that I could easily get away with painting the dread black (since, by the rules, Dreads are vehicles)... but that doesn't sit right with me; I imagine dreadnoughts being the zombie-marine's new body, more than something the marine drives around.

I don't know. Maybe I should just reserve judgment until the whole thing is painted up. If I don't like it I can always burn it in effigy try again.

2 comments:

  1. I think that when you get some red and other colors in there you'll like it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with sonsoftaurus... and I bet you'll like it once you're done.
    When I did my first dreadnaught, I was completely overwhelmed by the pinkish-purple base coat I had to apply... and ended up going black with highlights and chapter colors as details (like my rhinos).
    My second one, all purple and I was much more pleased.

    ReplyDelete