Sunday, September 22, 2013

Army Slowcase

The workbench née old dining table that I've been working at since I got back into this was getting a bit crowded (that's an understatement)... so I took the afternoon to straighten things up a little bit. While I was getting models stowed away, I decided to get pictures of everything I'm hoarding I have every intention of finishing and okaying with in the near future.

Since it's all sure to take much longer than I think, here's my very first-

ARMY SHOWCASE SLOWCASE


First up is the homebrew chapter that I was working on when I first started this blog, forever ago- the Marines Cruor Dexter. Things stalled, and for the time being I'm not going to do much with them for a while. I'd like to get some more fancy bases that I think kind of go with the original alpine theme I sort-of had in mind and I'm not convinced that I won't screw them up. Also, I'd like to get the Waaagh! Jenerrik and some Dark Angels to playable levels first.

I've got a Predator to finish up, the AoBR Terminator squad and Dreadnought ready to go, 1 of 5 Sniper Scouts done, and 2 squads of Tactical Marines barely started. I don't know if you can see there, but I was using the old Iron Hands Tactical Marines set to bionicize my guysto tie in with their fluff. Now that GW has switched the Iron Hands bits to Finecast, I'll probably go with scratchbuilt or 3rd party bits if I need any more in the future. I mean, who knows what else I'll wind up buying and never building for these guys.

I've also got some metal Dark Eldar prisoners stashed away to use as objective markers for these dudes.


This is what I've got so far for Waaagh! Jenerrik. It's mostly AoBR stuff (20 Slugga Boyz, 5 Nobz, a Warboss, and 3 Deffkoptas), but there's also 20 Shoota Boyz and a pile of junk 3 Killa Kans that I scored cheap off eBay. To paraphrase that cat reading the paper, "I should buy a Trukk." Also- needs more barcodes.


Chaos Warband "Jerkface". At least, until I can come up with a better name. You know, a name that is both grimmer and darker than Warband Jerkface. There's not much to see here- just a bunch of Dark Vengeance models still on the sprue, some Secret Weapon 'bone fields' bases, and a pile o' broken up cruddy Chaos Terminators (another eBay deal- but this one wasn't such a good deal). I think the Termies will be getting dual lightning claws. Other than that, I'm not sure where I'm going with this one. Maybe some Daemons.

Maybe lots of Daemons.


And finally, some Dark Angels.

Obviously, I was pretty impressed with the Dark Vengeance models. I decided to make a commitment to build a Dark Angels army. I like the fluff, and they are (obviously) getting a lot of support right now on the hobby side. I went ahead and got another set of Tacticool Dudes (eBay, again) and a Predator (it's actually going to be a convertible Rhino/Razorback- a Rhinoback?). I'll probably snag a DA Command Squad and some more Ravenwing goodies to flesh them out. Ooh, and a Landraider. And maybe Sammael. And the Dark Talon looks pretty pimp.

You know what? One Rhinoback probably isn't enough. Maybe another one. Or two. I'll probably need some Devastators, too, since the DA can take a ton of heavy weapons.

Screw it. I wonder how many DA Chapter Upgrade Kits I'd need to make this work...

No comments:

Post a Comment