Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Incontrovertible Evidence

I thought I'd take a little time today to prove that I am in dire need of more painting practice. Observe, People's Exhibit 1- an extraordinarily poorly painted GW Space Marine...

As you may recognize, this is one of the (ahem) sketchy 'Battle for Macragge' box set Tactical Marines. In defense, there are mitigating circumstances (read that as excuses). I started painting these guys years ago when the box came out, using really awful brushes. The main armor color is GW Liche Purple, which to my knowledge at the time was fairly unique among loyal Chapters.

Then I found out about the Hawk Lords, and decided that they needed something to set them apart. That led to the red right shoulderpads, and the Chapter name... Cruor Dexter, or Bloody Right.

Gory, grimdark, cliched, and Latin.

Perfect. Unlike the paintjob, which has zero highlights. But I figure it passes the 3' test, so it's good enough for now.

The Sergeant from the box fared little better. Illius me paenitet, dux!

Well, I suppose that's it for now. I'm still getting used to Blogger, and this post took me a lot longer to put together than it should have.

By the way, of course I realize that the bases aren't finished. The edges are going to get covered in a dark brown... but I'll probably use el cheapo craft paints for that, and save the good stuff for, you know, ruining more miniatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment