Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lieutenant Varras?

I can't find anything to do with this guy in a Space Marine force, outside of the BfM missions.

So, accordingly, I've decided to pant him smurfish, as close as I can get to the box art. A task made somewhat more difficult by the fact that the model supplied was not the same model used for pictures in the mission books. I've never heard of multiple Lt. Varras models, so perhaps some sort of conversion was used for that?

Speaking of conversions, I saw some fairly good-looking IG Varras conversions while looking for some panting inspiration.

Anyway. Here's what I've got so far...



If anyone is curious how this ties in with my Resolutions, his coat is painted with 3 or 4 layers of highly thinned Plaid Folk Art Brilliant Ultramarine, and his pants are in Plaid Folk Art Medium Gray.

I was really impressed, especially with the gray. The underlying black primer was mostly covered after only 2 very, very thinned down layers.

So I've got this remarkably smooth coverage with this remarkably cheap paint ( 97 cents for 2 OZ, and it's a heavy paste-type paint so it goes REALLLLY far...), and now I have to try to not run it with washes and shading and highlights...

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment